Saturday, January 31, 2015

Third-Eye at the Opera

Another steampunk challenge at Sandee & Amelie's!
I do love my steampunk.
January's theme is the number 3

I decided to repurpose a plastic six-pack beer can topper that's used to hold the cans together.

After some cutting, some spray paint, rub n' buffing, shrinky dinking and embellishing I came up with...

 Any steampunker worth there salt would simply have to have access to a third-eye while at something as populated as an opera. 
Why not make it fashionable.
 
 The lens were created from shrink plastic, which I've found is NOT an exact science.
A dremel ended up being quite useful in sanding my shrinked (shrunk?) discs down to size which were then glued into place.
 The signature third-eye, complete with gauges for adjustment.
Navigational eye
A normal lens for actually seeing the opera.

I used a wire hanger, homemade gauges, beads and embellishments for the dainty holder.
Again, fashion is important.
I just KNOW they'll be the talk of the town!

Happy Day to everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, Tabitha!

    My jaw just dropped open when I saw this stunning creation of yours! This is so incredibly brilliant and imaginative! It's amazing what you created from the beer can toppers! One would never guess the humble origins of your masterpiece! LOVE IT! Wow!!!!! Love all the tiny elements you have added to make it look soooo real and authentic!

    Thank you so much for sharing this awesome project with us at SASPC!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project! I can't believe the transformation! You rocked this upcycling and in the most Steampunky way! tfs and inspiring! Hugs, Kristina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It really makes my day!

Sorry about the word verification--my blog was hijacked not too long ago, so now I have to take robo-cautions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...